Welcome to another episode of Passive Income Through Multifamily Real Estate. Joining us in conversation today is Tom Laune, founder of Bulletproof Wealth. Tom kicks off our conversation by giving us an overview of how banks make money and why that is important, before he gives us a definition for another way to process your money: infinite banking, which originated in Austria. He tells the story of losing his high-frequency hearing while working in the music industry, which sparked his realization that it’s so important to protect your livelihood. It was also through this experience that he learned the importance of moving forward one step at a time. Tom’s message comes down to the fact that you have to trust the person you are investing with, and he points us in the direction of a free resource he provides on his website, videos to guide your decision-making and help you to self-educate. In closing, he reminds listeners that changing the way you manage your finances is a process, and it’s not about the rate of return. We hope you join us to hear him pass along these lessons from his life and business today.
Key Points From This Episode:
- An introduction to today’s guest, Tom Laune.
- Tom’s overview of how banks make money and why that is important.
- The crux of what he does: helping people to understand how banks make money and teaching them to do it themselves.
- Why everything he does is customized to individual customers.
- What infinite banking is: a process of controlling your personal banking in your own life.
- Term insurance and building equity which becomes yours.
- How a whole life policy protects you against fluctuating values.
- The main difference between banks and insurance companies.
- Why Variable Universal Life is a highly volatile product in comparison to Whole Life.
- Eligibility and funding requirements to qualify for Whole Life
- How the longer you fund it, the more it compounds.
- How insurance works to replace your income.
- The age-limited basis that Whole Life operates according to.
- How Tom is taking people’s real estate return of 12% and taking it to 200%.
- The long-term strategy leading up to your cash value increase to exceed what you put in.
- Why you get more life insurance while your cash value is going up.
- Why he invests in people rather than investments.
- Why he believes life insurance is so much more reliable than any bank.
- Where you can get his videos for free: on his website.
- Why the most important thing is always to be comfortable with the person you are lending from.
- The catalyst that put him on this track: losing his high-frequency hearing while working in the music industry.
- What it was like to lose his hearing.
- The hope that disability insurance created in his life.
- The importance of moving forward one step at a time.
- What he wants listeners to leave knowing: remember that this is not about rate of return, and know that it is a process.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: