The world of real-estate investing is a wild ride and it takes a certain level of skill and experience to be able to face the challenges it presents. Today’s guest is a well-versed investor with a wealth of knowledge in both active and passive investment. Charles Carillo is a managing partner at Harborside Partners and the host of the Global Investors Podcast. Tuning in, you’ll hear about Charle’s real-estate upbringing, how his focus has shifted from C-class to B-class properties, what Harborside Partners’ investment strategy entails, and so much more! We delve into the things to consider when having conversations with investors before discussing why Charles does not seek investment to provide distribution. Finally, our guest shares a challenge he’s faced in his career and how he overcame it. Thank you for listening in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- What led Charles to real estate investing and why his aim is to focus on B-class properties.
- Why Charles won’t use investors’ money for C-class properties.
- Charles talks about Harborside Partners and shares its business model with us.
- Charles shares Harborside Partners’ investment strategy and their plan for the next year.
- The dangers with not buying rate caps and how Charles has seen that play out recently.
- How Harborside Partners approaches conversations with investors.
- Why real estate investors only provide distributions based on cash flow.
- Charles tells us about a real-estate challenge he experienced and how he overcame it.
- What Charles has learned from his experience in an array of both active and passive investment opportunities.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: