In this episode, we're excited to welcome Casey Christensen to the show. Casey's journey into the world of real estate investing began in 2014 when he decided to rent out his townhome and house-hack a single-family home. Since then, he's made significant strides in his real estate ventures; including his first out-of-state investment in 2020 and the acquisition of eight units outside his home state. In addition to his successful real estate endeavors, Casey also cofounded Fortified Equity, a company he established with two partners in 2020. In this episode, we dive into Casey's story, discussing his path to real estate investing and how he acquired capital to close his first deal. We also explore how Casey first learned about syndications and broke into the real estate investing market. He shares the many hard lessons along the way, his first joint venture, how this led to founding Fortified Equity, what the company has planned for the future, and more! Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to gain valuable insights into real estate investing from Casey Christensen!
Key Points From This Episode:
- We welcome Casey and learn more about his background and real estate journey.
- How he was able to purchase his first property with almost no capital.
- Learning from the ground up: how he taught himself the real estate game.
- Casey shares some hard lessons and challenges along the way.
- He tells us details about his first capital stack.
- His first joint venture and how it led to the founding of Fortified Equity.
- Leveraging Vertical Street Ventures to build on the success of Fortified Equity.
- Find out details about his current project in Little Rock.
- The challenges and opportunities that come with investing out of state.
- Hear about developing and sustaining a productive and successful team.
- Find out whether raising capital is still a concern for him.
- Why he is passionate about real estate investing as a path to financial freedom.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Casey Christensen Phone: 801-615-1960
The ABCs of Real Estate Investing
Passive Income Through Multifamily Real Estate Facebook Group