What a special episode we have for you today as we are joined by the Managing Partners of Vertical Street Ventures (VSV), Jenny Gou, Steven Louie, Kyle Mitchell, and Kiyoshi Simon! The quartet is here to explain how VSV became one of the most recognized investment firms and educational platforms in the multifamily space. Our guests attribute a huge part of their company’s success to the way they’ve prioritized professional development, especially because the focus of these programs has shifted over the years to align with their current circumstances, and we learn why they would not have reached their present heights if they had not implemented development programs from day one. We then hear about the accomplishments from the past year that Jenny, Steve, Kyle, and Kiyoshi are most proud of, including the VSV Academy and two Amazon bestsellers! Finally, the VSV team shares what has contributed the most to their company’s growth and success, why complementary skill sets among colleagues are important, why mentorship is vital, what they’re most excited about in the next six months, and some words of advice for anyone in real estate who is looking to build a prosperous team.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing VSV Managing Partners Jenny Gou, Steven Louie, Kyle Mitchell, and Kiyoshi Simon.
- The role that professional development has played in VSV’s growth and success.
- Comparing the focus of their development programs from when they first started to now.
- The importance of investing in professional development programs from day one.
- What they’re most proud of in their last year of accomplishments: The VSV Academy, relationships with investors, Vertical CPA, and The Overnight Millionaire and Lottery.
- The emotions that come ahead of a big product launch.
- What our guests say has contributed the most to their company’s growth in the last year.
- The undeniable value of recognizing and utilizing complementary skill sets among colleagues.
- Why mentorship matters.
- Some advice for those in real estate who are looking to build their team.
- What the VSV Managing Partners are most looking forward to in the next six months.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Passive Income Through Multifamily Real Estate Facebook Group