Welcome to another episode of Passive Income through Multifamily Real Estate. During today’s conversation, our new host, Peter Pomeroy, speaks with Jenny Gou, managing partner at Vertical Street Ventures. Jenny has recently been named one of Bigger Pockets Wealth Magazine’s top 40 under 40, and during today’s conversation, she tells us how her humble beginnings keep her thankful for every milestone of success. Listeners will gain insight into Jenny’s career at Procter & Gamble prior to starting Vertical Street Ventures, how she found her mentor, Steven Louie, and why she made the decision to quit her job before purchasing her first property. We talk about team culture, and Jenny reveals the complementary skills that make her and Kyle such a great team, before chatting property managers, and discussing what motivated Vertical Street Ventures to open up their own academy, and how they went about doing so. We also hear some intriguing details about their upcoming conference in Arizona and the exciting guests that will be speaking, and much more! Tune in to hear more today.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Welcoming our new host: Peter Pomeroy.
- An introduction to today’s guest, Jenny Gou, and her role at Vertical Street Ventures.
- Jenny’s recent mention as one of Bigger Pockets Wealth Magazine’s top 40 under 40.
- How she keeps it real despite Vertical Street Ventures’ exponential growth: gratitude.
- Her career at Procter and Gamble leading up to becoming managing director at Vertical Street.
- The story of how she quit her job before purchasing her first property.
- How she found her mentor, Steven, and why coaching is so important.
- What the first six months of starting Procter & Gamble were like.
- Why she is such a huge believer in team culture and what that means.
- How Vertical Street Ventures acquired 86 million in acquisitions throughout COVID.
- Where she sees the company in five years time.
- What piece of asset management she finds most exciting and why it is so productive to work with Kyle.
- Why it is so important to have a good property manager.
- Why there is so much to be said for finding your property management sweet spot.
- What motivated them to start their own academy to add more value.
- What differentiates their academy: it is a true hands on approach with one-on-one training.
- Their upcoming conference on June 4th and 5th in Arizona featuring Hunter Thompson, Bronson Hill, Amanda Han, Michael Becker, and more.
- Equinox on Prince, Jenny’s investment property in Tucson.
- What is so productive about a market like Tucson or Phoenix.
- What Jenny and her husband to nurture their relationship while working together.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: