Vertical Street Ventures has a very exciting new fund to introduce and joining us today on the Passive Income Through Multifamily Real Estate podcast is the wonderful Charlie Armendarez. Charlie is a very experienced financial advisor who is working with VSV on this innovative new fund. Tuning in, you’ll hear all about how he got involved with VSV, his career so far, what led him to real estate, and what motivated the launch of the new fund. It is imperative that investors think about their returns on a risk-adjusted basis and today, Charlie explains why that’s important before delving into how the fund diversifies investors’ money. He a talks us through the three classes of the fund, how they are presenting these deals, why working for our money in investment is essential and so much more! We also get to hear about the career he would choose if not real estate investing and finally, tells us about his '75 hard' experience. Thank you for listening in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- A brief overview of today’s guest, Charlie Armendarez.
- How Charlie connected with Vertical Street Ventures.
- How his past experiences in his career relate to the work he is doing in real estate now.
- Charlie tells us about the motivation to launch the new VSV fund.
- Why it’s important for investors to be thinking about their returns on a risk-adjusted basis.
- The ways the new fund will diversify investors' money in different types of deals.
- Charlie tells us about the new fund's three different classes.
- Why people are more averse to taking risks now than they were before.
- Why questions arise about financing most often when it comes to this kind of investment.
- Charlie tells us the range of projected returns on the fund.
- How to present these different deals to potential investors.
- Why you cannot have the same expectations when interest rates change.
- Why we really have to work for our money when it comes to multifamily investment.
- Why Charlie would go into development if he had to choose a different career.
- The lessons that our guest has learned from '75 hard'.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Charlie Armendarez on LinkedIn
The Handbook of Mortgage-Backed Securities
Passive Income Through Multifamily Real Estate Facebook Group