Real estate can be a lucrative and rewarding investment but it comes with many challenges. To avoid pitfalls requires careful management and a willingness to tackle the many challenges of owning and operating real estate, but what does it take to be successful? Keeping up with the latest market trends in real estate can help investors, buyers, sellers, and property owners make informed decisions, manage risk, and achieve better outcomes in negotiations. In this episode, we sit down with Jay Lybik, the National Director of Multifamily Research at CoStar Group, as he shares insights from his long and illustrious real estate career. CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces, where his work focuses on market research and portfolio management through innovative data techniques. Jay is a highly respected thought leader, who has presented at numerous industry events and featured in several prominent publications. In our conversation, we find out the current state of the market, hear insider tips to help you safely navigate the marketplace, and learn how to effectively leverage investments. We also discuss the difference between primary, secondary, and tertiary markets, the challenges that investors are currently facing, ideal market locations, predictions he has regarding market trends, and much more. If you want to stay ahead and be able to make informed investment decisions, don’t miss out on this conversation with industry expert Jay Lybik!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Jay’s overall thoughts on the current market and what investors should focus on.
- What trends he expects to see in the marketplace in the next couple of years.
- We discuss cape rate reversion and how it impacts investors.
- He shares an example of how to approach investing given the variability of cap rates.
- Find out how he characterizes the overall real estate marketplace.
- Why the lines have become blurred between primary and secondary markets.
- He explains how multifamily real estate has bolstered the marketplace.
- Hear his predictions for rent growth and what he regards as the best products.
- Discover what product will protect your investment from rising costs.
- How he thinks the marketplace can gain more stability in the long run.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Institutional Property Advisors
Vertical Street Ventures National Conference
Passive Income Through Multifamily Real Estate Facebook Group