Investing in real estate can be tough, especially when the economy is erratic and the dollar is frustrating the entire world. Today’s guest on the Passive Income Through Multifamily Real Estate Podcast, Ken McElroy, has had over two decades of success in real estate investment, runs his own investment company, which owns over 10 000 units, has written best-selling books, and is a well-known speaker at events all over the world. Tuning in, you’ll hear all about how Ken got into real estate, where he learned the most about his craft, how he educated himself by surrounding himself with intelligent people and building good business relationships, and so much more! We delve into the dangers of interest rates, the lag effect, the unemployment rate, and the distress being experienced in real estate right now before Ken shares his investment strategy with us and how he gets out of difficult scenarios. Finally, Ken tells us his opinion of the dollar right now and why he would choose to invest in gold or silver outside of real estate. You don’t want to miss out on this incredible guest’s pearls of wisdom, so tune in now!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing today’s guest, Ken McElroy.
- The unconventional way Ken got into real estate and what made him want to stick with it.
- How Ken got his property education and how that kickstarted his own career.
- Why being around smart people was really important to Ken’s success and how his limiting beliefs were the barriers to his success.
- The importance of building good business relationships, especially in real estate.
- Where Ken thinks interest rates are going and what the lag effect is.
- How the unemployment rate affects real estate.
- Ken shares his company’s investment strategy with us.
- Ken’s opinion of the continuum of distress real estate is experiencing right now.
- He tells us how he got himself out of a very tough situation in his career.
- Why Ken would choose to invest in gold or silver if he had a million dollars to spend outside of real estate.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Real Estate Strategies with Ken McElroy on Apple Podcasts
Four Things You Need to be Watching in 2023
Vertical Street Ventures Conference
Passive Income Through Multifamily Real Estate Facebook Group